from ARGENTINA : +54 115 252 1423
from ITALY : +39 024 032 6417
from MEXICO : +52 554 628 2555
from USA : +1 866 376 7831
from UK : +44 203 318 6993
from SPAIN : +34 911878153
WORLDWIDE : +1 305 538 9697
The Springs Valley Hotel is located from many of Beijing’s most iconic places. The Temple of heaven is around 2.1 km away, the China Museum of History has a distance of around 3.6 km from the Springs Valley hotel and the Silk Street Market is around 2.7 km away.
Dirección: No.57, Xingfu Dajie, Dongcheng District - Beijing, 100061, China
The largest existing complex of ancient sacrificial buildings in China; masterpiece of China's royal sacrificial buildings complex and one of the best symbolic illustrations of Chinese cosmology. Located in the southern part of Beijing, the Temple of Heaven (Tiantan) has been one of the most sacred places for the whole country for more than five centuries. It served as a complex of sacrificial buildings for the Ming and Qing emperors, and is the largest one in Beijing among several royal altars to Heaven, Earth, the Sun, the Moon and other deities or symbolic forces of Nature.
Located at Tiantan Donglu, Chongwen District, Hongqiao Market is just opposite the Temple of Heaven. It is a well known market dealing with pearls around the world. More than 1,000,000 visitors come to Hongqiao Market to buy pearls yearly. Even the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has been to Hongqiao Market three times as she was very impressed with the beautiful pearls. Apart from pearls, the market also offers seafood, digital products and silk.
Tian’anmen( the Gate of Heavenly Peace), is located in the center of Beijing. It was first built in 1417 and named Chengtianmen( the Gate of Heavenly Succession). At the end of the Ming Dynasty, it was seriously damaged by war. When it was rebuilt under the Qing in 1651, it was renamed Tian’anmen, and served as the main entrance to the Imperial City, the administrative and residential quarters for court officials and retainers. The southern sections of the Imperial City wall still stand on both sides of the Gate. The tower at the top of the gate is nine-room wide and five –room deep. According to the Book of Changes, the two numbers nine and five, when combined, symbolize the supreme status of a sovereign.During the Ming and Qing dynasties, Tian’anmen was the place where state ceremonies took place.
The Forbidden City was the Chinese imperial palace from the Ming Dynasty to the end of the Qing Dynasty. It is located in the middle of Beijing, China, and now houses the Palace Museum. For almost 500 years, it served as the home of emperors and their households, as well as the ceremonial and political center of Chinese government. Built in 1406 to 1420, the complex consists of 980 buildings and covers 720,000 m2 (7,800,000 sq ft). The palace complex exemplifies traditional Chinese palatial architecture, and has influenced cultural and architectural developments in East Asia and elsewhere. The Forbidden City was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987, and is listed by UNESCO as the largest collection of preserved ancient wooden structures in the world. Since 1925, the Forbidden City has been under the charge of the Palace Museum, whose extensive collection of artwork and artifacts were built upon the imperial collections of the Ming and Qing dynasties. Part of the museum's former collection is now located in the National Palace Museum in Taipei. Both museums descend from the same institution, but were split after the Chinese Civil War.
Wangfujing Commercial Shopping Street, the 700-year-old Wangfujing( the Well of the Prince's Mansion) Street or Golden Street, one of China 's oldest and most famous commercial areas, was meant to be well-known in the world through the renovation, look brand new to people on September 11, 1999 when it opened to the public. The Wangfujing Street lives up to its glorious past, but with a new look. To give it a new look they completely got rid of the street's poor infrastructure at a price of over 1 billion yuan (US$120.5millon). The new infrastructure can sustain the commercial area of 300 square metres to run smoothly for 50 years, with specially designed supplies o electricity, water, gas, communications and transportation. The street came into being in the Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368) more than 700 years ago. Wangfujing Street is said to have received its name in the Ming Dynasty more than 500 years ago. One of emperors was said to want all his 10 brothers to build their mansions in the place now known as Wangfujing so as to make it easy for him to keep a wary eye on them for fear that they might pose a direct threat to him. Therefore, the street was then named Shiwangu, meaning mansions for 10 imperial brothers. Nowadays, the street is one of the busy shopping areas in Beijing.